Hospice Field Program
Hospice in the News
ideo | udio | ews
The primary focus of St. Anthony's Hospice Field Program is to provide relief from suffering through pain and symptom management, and emotional and spiritual support to those at the end of life.
Hospice Staff & Services
Medical and support services are provided to patients and families by a coordinated, interdisciplinary team of highly skilled and dedicated people working from one plan of care.
The program includes:
- physician services
- nursing services
- home health aide services
- social services - veterans program
- pastoral care
- bereavement care
- volunteer services
- inpatient care
- respite care
- nutritional counseling
- medications related to the terminal illness
- medical supplies
- medical equipment
Hospice is available to all terminally ill individuals and their families regardless of their age, gender, race, nationality, creed, sexual orientation, physical condition, availability of primary caregiver, or ability to pay.
To be admitted, a patient must:
- Have a referral by a physician, family member, friend or the patient.
- Agree to treatment aimed at comfort rather than cure.
- Have an incurable disease with a life expectancy of six months or less, as certified by a physician.
Reimbursement & Insurance
St. Anthony's Hospice is a nonprofit program for comprehensive end-of-life care for all individuals without regard to race, religion or financial situation. Hospice care is available to all individuals living with a terminal illness, regardless of their ability to pay.
Hospice care is paid for by:
- Medicare and Medicaid (See "Medicare Basics" - )
- Most private insurance companies
- Funding is available to help patients who are uninsured or underinsured
St. Anthony's Hospice serves patients who live within a one-hour drive of the Medical Center in St. Louis City, as well as, St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin and Washington counties. While the majority of our patients remain at home, some reside in long-term care facilities or St. Anthony's de Greeff Hospice House
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.