Care management (social services)
Care management extras
At St. Anthony’s Medical Center, the care management (social services) staff is an important part of the health care team. Patient resource managers (social workers) advocate for the care and discharge plan of patients every day, taking into account the patient and family’s needs and situation. They also make sure the physical, emotional and health care needs of every patient are met both while in the hospital and after discharge.
Patient resource managers are available to work with patients and their families to:
- plan discharge
- assess recovery needs
- private duty care
- long-term care
- provide connections with community resources
- Meals on Wheels
- Social Security
In addition to helping prepare for discharge from St. Anthony’s, our patient resource managers are available to assist patients and their families with problems that may accompany an extended illness or disability.
Care management can:
- assist with advance directives and ethical health care issues
- educate on ways to adapt to an illness or disability
- provide emotional support and counseling
- provide information about Medicare, Medicaid or other health care insurance plans
- refer to community services
- coordinate interpreter services for patients with limited-English proficiency
- refer to protective services in situations of abuse or neglect
St. Anthony's Medical Center has teams of patient resource managers dedicated to the specialized needs of patients in:
For more information about care management, call at 314-525-4640.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
Working as trusted partners, the physicians and employees of St. Anthony's Health System will deliver care distinguished by its demonstrated quality and personalized service. We will be visibly engaged in improving the health and well being of the communities we serve in South County and beyond. We will stand together, proud to set the standard for independent community health systems.