Home Transport Program for Seniors & Disabled Adults
We'll Pick You Up
“The drivers are so sweet and I feel very comfortable with them, very safe. I've never had to wait longer than 15 or 20 minutes, and it gives my husband a break from driving me every time. This helps a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to receive medical services because they have no transportation to the hospital.”
— Charlene Trent
One of the biggest problems encountered by older adults who are living independently is transportation. Many no longer are able to drive – or they never did. Some have developed a disability or special need for this type of service.
St. Anthony’s Home Transport Program provides round-trip transportation for adults age 60 and older and people with disabilities from their homes to St. Anthony’s sponsored services.
About the Service
- Patients who have an appointment at any St. Anthony’s sponsored service – Cancer Center, Heart Specialty Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Hyland Behavioral Health, Wound Treatment Center, Urgent Care Centers, Outpatient Surgery, Lamplighter Physical Therapy or any other department – are offered this service.
- A St. Anthony’s Transportation Department driver, wearing uniform and badge and driving a marked, wheelchair-accessible van, picks up patients at their homes (must be ground level or wheelchair-accessible, no stairs), and transports them directly to their appointments.
- When a patient’s appointment is completed, the driver is called to pick up the patient and take him or her back home. Wait time for pick-up generally is less than an hour.
- Home Transport will pick up patients within designated zip codes in the surrounding St. Louis City, County and Jefferson County area.
- Patients are asked to schedule their appointment times for pick-up 48 hours in advance, if possible.
- Home Transport service is available from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays to area residents who are 60 or older or disabled.
- Cost for transportation from home to St. Anthony’s sponsored services and back is $15 through June 30, 2013. Beginning July 1, 2013, the fee will be $20 for patients living within the designated zip code area. An additional $5/person fee is added for extra passengers, and an additional $3/mile fee is added for patients outside our designated service area.
- Call 314-525-1889 for more information or to schedule transportation.
For information, please call our Health Access Line at 314-ANTHONY (268-4669) or 800-554-9550 or visit find a physician online.
At St. Anthony's, our vision is to be the area's premier health care organization
— and your first choice for health care services.